Sunday, August 16, 2015

Green Beans and Rice

It is Sunday night and I'm exhausted. We were at the beach all day.
Tomorrow I go back to work after a two month vacation !! Alarm is set at 5:30 AM....it is going to be brutal lol
On Monday I made green beans and rice and as promised here is the recipe.
It was kids and husband approved. I was so proud of my daughter as she had some at home and some at school.She told me that she told her friends that she didn't like beans before but now she loves them coz she tried them .

Let's get to it 


Ingredients:

  1. 2 lbs green beans ( I used the frozen ones)
  2. 1 box of baby bella mushrooms cut small to give it a meaty feel
  3. 1 medium onion, chopped
  4. 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
  5. 1 tsp cinnamon
  6. salt and pepper to taste
  7. 1 cup of water
  8. 3 ripe tomatoes blended or chopped

Method:

  1. Stem and cut the beans in half and set aside
  2. Heat a tbsp of oil of choice ( grapeseed oil in my case), add onions, garlic and seasonings. Saute for 5-10 minutes or until golden.  
  3. Add the mushrooms, saute for 5 minutes
  4. Add water and simmer for 8-10 minutes
  5. Then add the green beans and tomatoes
  6. Add water to half the depth of bean mixture ( you can add more and cover if you like it saucy which was our case)
  7. Bring to boil, then cover an simmer for at least 45 minutes. 
  8. After 45 minutes, taste it and see if it needs to be simmered some more. If you add more water you might want to simmer it more. If you add less water you may need to simmer less.
Cook rice like usual. You can use any types of rice.
I used white rice and added turmeric to make it yellow because my daughter's favorite color is yellow. 

Try the recipe and share with me in the comments below or share on social media using the hashtag #bzhealthymama.

As some of you may know that I am a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, studying to be a health coach . I'm learning about how food, diet, and lifestyle have a tremendous impact on our overall health, happiness, and well being . Not only am I learning how to improve my life , I'm also learning how to help clients look better, feel better , manage stress, and reach their health goals. I'm able to start seeing clients. If you would be interested in sitting down with me or skyping for about an hour to discuss your goals , message me (@bzhealthymama@gmail.com)so we can schedule your free health history consultation appointment.

Thank you so much for reading my post, please feel free to comment and share with your friends and family. 
Please share with me what works for you and your family.  

Follow me on Instagram , tmblr, and twitter: @bzhealthymama;http://www.instagram.com/bzhealthymama
Facebook: Healthy Mamas, Healthy Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment