Sunday, August 23, 2015

Easy dinner idea-Veggies over rice

Hey everyone :)
I am back at work after a two month summer break. The kids are back to their activities . DAILY !!! 
I won't be able to cook daily so what I have been trying to do is cook for two days. 
I have done this recipe before , it's pretty easy :)
Let's get to it ....


Ingredients:
1- 2 small bags assorted frozen veggies ( mine had carrots, edamame, corn, and peas) Remember I am cooking for two days, you can always use one bag if you would like. 
2- 1 small onion chopped
3- 3 tomatoes blended 
4- 1 box of baby bella mushrooms cut small or pulsed in the blender
5- salt and pepper to taste
6- oil of choice - Like usual I use grapeseed oil
7-1-2 cups of water
8- Rice of choice cooked accordingly

Method:
1- Heat the oil
2- Add the onions and sautee  until golden
3- Add the mushrooms , the seasoning and sautee for 10 minutes . You can use other spices if you wish
4- Add the frozen veggies and sautee for 5-8 minutes
5- Add the tomatoes and the water. First add one cup of water then if you need more you can. I covered the veggies that's all. I did not add more this time
6- Bring to boil
7-Then let it simmer for 30-45 minutes
8- Adjust seasoning if needed

Enjoy over rice or quinoa . 

Try the recipe and let me know how you like it. Remember to share a picture on social media with #bzhealthymama

I would love to hear from you in the comments below about how you keep up your busy schedule and healthy eating. 

As some of you may know that I am a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, studying to be a health coach . I'm learning about how food, diet, and lifestyle have a tremendous impact on our overall health, happiness, and well being . Not only am I learning how to improve my life , I'm also learning how to help clients look better, feel better , manage stress, and reach their health goals. I'm able to start seeing clients. If you would be interested in sitting down with me or skyping for about an hour to discuss your goals , message me (@bzhealthymama@gmail.com)so we can schedule your free health history consultation appointment.

Thank you so much for reading my post, please feel free to comment and share with your friends and family. 
Please share with me what works for you and your family.  

Follow me on Instagram , tmblr, and twitter: @bzhealthymama;http://www.instagram.com/bzhealthymama
Facebook: Healthy Mamas, Healthy Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment