Sunday, July 12, 2015

Gluten free vegan pancakes

Who does not like pancakes? 
I love them but I can not make them from scratch. I used to buy the packages organic ones but they were not gluten free. I tried many recipes that did not work for me and my family.
Then my friend Nathalie made a recipe using simple ingredients so what I did is I just added hemp milk and made my own measurements. 
The pancakes worked and they turned out more like crepes but we all loved them. Since I only cast iron skillet, the first pancake did get stuck to it even with plenty of oil!! Then it worked like a charm and I was able to make a mini stack LOL 

Here are the ingredients:

One cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 mashed ripe banana
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1 cup hemp milk
1 tsp carob powder ( optional)

Mix the dry ingredients then add the banana and the hemp milk, mix all together.

Grease the skillet with oil of choice , heat up and pour mixture ( I used a ladle which is the spoon you use to pour soup) when it bubbles ( usually 3 minutes) turn over and cook for few minutes.
Repeat the process. 
Sprinkle chocolate chips, cacao nibs and sweetener of choice. 
Enjoy :)

Please try the recipe and comment below how you liked it.

Thank you so much for reading my post, please feel free to comment and share with your friends and family. 
Please share with me what works for you and your family.  

Follow me on Instagram , tmblr, and twitter: @bzhealthymama;http://www.instagram.com/bzhealthymama
Facebook: Healthy Mamas, Healthy Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment