Saturday, July 25, 2015

Easy Meatless Potato Stew

Growing up with Lebanese food , I did not appreciate it much. I just wanted to eat fried chicken, fries, steak, bread and sweets. 
I remember my mom used to tell my dad "they don't eat anything"~ They=my sister and I , later my brother.  It is not like she would eat anything, we were like mothers like daughters.
So my dad used to reply " don't force them, they will eat when they are hungry. It is not like they are going to starve." So we were never encouraged or even forced to eat vegetables. My sister and I hated onions so bad that my grandmother had to cut them so tiny when she was cooking. Guess what!??!? We would pick them, it is like we had microscopic vision.
Right now , I LOVE Lebanese food and I appreciate everything about it to the point that I am cooking it ? I am plant basing it too ;) I know it is not a word !
Let's get to the recipe....
 
Ingredients:

  •  1 small carton/box of baby bella mushrooms ground in small tiny pieces ( I used a handheld food processor)
  • 1/2 onion cut in small pieces
  • 6 red potatoes peeled and cut in cubes
  • 3 ripe tomatoes blended in a blender
  • 2 tbsp. of avocado oil
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • 1-2 tsp. of cinnamon ( you can add more if you like)
 
Method:
  • Heat oil , add onions. Sautee the onions until golden.
  • Add the mushroom and the seasonings, continue sautéing for about 10 minutes.
  • Add the potatoes, sauté for few minutes so the potatoes are covered with the seasonings.
  • Add the blended tomatoes, adjust seasonings if needed.
  • Add more water to cover all the ingredients.
  • Bring to boil on high heat then simmer for at least 45-55 minutes.
  • It might need to simmer more, adjust to whatever suits your taste buds. 
Serve over white , brown or wild rice. You can also enjoy over quinoa.


Try the recipe and share with me in the comments below or share on social media using the hashtag #bzhealthymama.


As some of you may know that I am a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, studying to be a health coach . I'm learning about how food, diet, and lifestyle have a tremendous impact on our overall health, happiness, and well being . Not only am I learning how to improve my life , I'm also learning how to help clients look better, feel better , manage stress, and reach their health goals. I'm able to start seeing clients. If you would be interested in sitting down with me or skyping for about an hour to discuss your health , message me (@bzhealthymama@gmail.com)so we can schedule your free health history consultation appointment.

Thank you so much for reading my post, please feel free to comment and share with your friends and family. 
Please share with me what works for you and your family.  

Follow me on Instagram , tmblr, and twitter: @bzhealthymama;http://www.instagram.com/bzhealthymama
Facebook: Healthy Mamas, Healthy Babies

 

No comments:

Post a Comment