Sunday, July 5, 2015

Easy simple plant based meal: Collard greens tofu pasta

My motivation


I always say in most of my posts, if I can do it ANYONE can. I did not like cooking ! I used to follow a recipe and more than 100% of the time I would mess it up. My husband would have to come add some of his magic and fix it or I would simply discard it and go somewhere to eat.
Not anymore, ummmm ok fine sometimes my husband still adds his magic touch;)
Anywho, my kids motivated me to cook for them. I wanted them to be healthy and eat homemade so if I don't make it how will it be homemade? I can't keep buy organic and not cook. 
The more I cooked, the more I liked it and I started experimenting !
So this recipe below is an experiment and guess what ???!!!! My husband LOVED it and he did not have to add anything. He did not even add salt BOOYA
I did not know what to name it so if you have a better name for it, please comment below ;)

Ingredients:
1 bunch of collard greens
1 bunch of cilantro
1 leeks 
1 block of tofu 
1 tbsp liquid aminos
salt and pepper to taste
grapeseed oil
pasta of choice

Method:

Cook pasta according to the package and set aside.
Chop collard greens , cilantro and leeks. Drain the tofu block, dry it with paper towels then cut in cubes.
In a large skillet, heat up a little of grapeseed oil ( 2 tbsp approx). You can use any oil you prefer I just like to use grapeseed oil.  
Then add the collard greens, cilantro and leeks. Saute for few minutes, then add salt, pepper and liquid aminos. Continue sauteing for about 3-5 minutes. Then add the  tofu and saute all together. 
Then add 1/2 cup of warm water, mix everything, cover and simmer. Simmer until the greens are wilted. Occasionally check and mix the mixture.  
It's ready ;) Pour over pasta or rice, whatever you wish. 

As will all my recipes, please feel free to substitute or add. You can add mushrooms, other spices, etc...

Please try the recipe and comment below how you liked it.

Thank you so much for reading my post, please feel free to comment and share with your friends and family. 
Please share with me what works for you and your family.  

Follow me on Instagram , tmblr, and twitter: @bzhealthymama;http://www.instagram.com/bzhealthymama
Facebook: Healthy Mamas, Healthy Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment