Sunday, July 12, 2015

Easy quinoa salad

Hey everyone :)
I did not even hear about quinoa until recently maybe about a year or a little bit more ago. 
I tried it for the first time and LOVED it. It is filling and light and it does not bloat you . 
Sometimes when you eat too much rice or pasta it feels heavy not with quinoa. 
Later I found out that quinoa is an ancient grain that existed long long long ago , I just did not know about it but now everyone knows about it lol I am serious!! Lebanese people dont cook quinoa and I havent heard of it before. When my mother in law was visiting in 2013 , she knew about it. So I guess it is "healthy" and "trendy" to eat quinoa now ;) That is awesome though coz it is super awesomely delicious , yum yum :)
So here are the ingredients:
1/2 cup of quinoa- Cook it according to the package and set on the side to cool.
1 large cucumber cut up in small pieces 
green onions cut up small
fresh mint ( 2-3 leaves)/cut up pretty small 
Not pictured and not addded could have been cilantro and parsley , next time. 

For the dressing:
Juice of one lemon
oilive oil or avocado oil ( to taste, I think mine was about 1tbsp)
sea salt to taste 

Toss all together ....can't get any easier than this ! Decorate with thyme and olives 

Enjoy :)

Please try the recipe and comment below how you liked it.

Thank you so much for reading my post, please feel free to comment and share with your friends and family. 
Please share with me what works for you and your family.  

Follow me on Instagram , tmblr, and twitter: @bzhealthymama;http://www.instagram.com/bzhealthymama
Facebook: Healthy Mamas, Healthy Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment