Sunday, June 21, 2015

What is your favorite snack in the summer?

We live in Southern California . At this moment , the temperature outside is in the high 90s.
Recently I started noticing that the ice cream truck has been passing by more often than I would want him to !! 
My kids are 9&3 and they play with the neighbors . They do feel left out when they see others get ice cream :( 
However , I did explain to them and my husband ( I had to deal with his "u r stressing over it way too much" speech), my kids are my bunnies ❤️❤️❤️
This analogy is not mine, it's from a lecturer at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN). I will look up his name later I promise ;) 
If we have a bunny and we know that if we feed it skittles , m&ms, ice cream, etc... It will get sick and die but if we feed it what it's supposed to eat from Mother Nature it will be healthy and happy little bunny. I asked my son and my daughter what would you feed your bunny ? They replied "carrots, celery, lettuce ..."
Then I moved on and said to them you are my bunnies 💗 how can I feed you junk if I know it will make you unhealthy and sick ! ?
Will this analogy stay with them forever ?probably not ! They do understand but they are still kids and they will get tempted by peer pressure but meanwhile I'm keeping the ice cream truck away by making them their own ice cream ❤️❤️❤️
This is raw vegan ice cream sandwich 
Let's get  to it :)
Ingredients for crust : 
10 medjool dates
1/2 cup of mulberries 

Ingredients for the nice cream:
6-8 frozen ripe bananas 
Pinch of cinnamon 
3 medjool dates 

Method : 
To make the nice cream layer , blend the bananas, medjool dates and a pinch of cinnamon in a high speed blender like a vitamix. Pour the mixture into a glass Pyrex and place in freezer for couple of hours. 
To make the crust, in a  food processor , mix the medjool dates and mulberries until you have a sticky consistency ;) 
Take out the nice cream from the freezer , spread the crust on top using your fingers ( may wet your fingers with a little bit of water if it's too sticky-to help with the sreading) and place in the freezer for an hour or so. 
Take out and cut in squares ! You can enjoy them in a single or double layer , however you wish 💗💞
I must add an alert lol it's pretty sweeeet. 
Try it and let me know in the comments how you like it :) share it on social media and use #bzhealthymama 💗💞

Thank you so much for reading my post, please feel free to comment and share with your friends and family. 
Please share with me what works for you and your family.  

Follow me on Instagram , tmblr, and twitter: @bzhealthymama;http://www.instagram.com/bzhealthymama
Facebook: Healthy Mamas, Healthy Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment